Eight new locations have been added as drop-off sites for the Park Slope Civic Council’s 18th annual Toys for Tots drive for children in need. All through the holiday season, the Civic Council will be collecting new and gently used unwrapped gifts for children ages 12 and under at locations throughout the Slope. All toys collected are given to local organizations that work with families in need.
Now through Sunday, Jan. 6, you can drop off toys and gifts at all the previous locations and seven new sites:
- Evan Breth Progressive Podiatry (702 Eighth Ave. on Seventh Street)
- Goldy+Mac (two locations: 396 Seventh Ave. between 12th and 13th Streets; 219 Fifth Ave, between President and Union Streets)
- Has Been Internet Cafe (620 Fifth Ave. between 17th And 18th Streets)
- Little Things Too (139 Seventh Ave. between Carroll Street and Garfield Place)
- South Slope Pediatric (501 Fifth Ave. between 12th and 13th Streets)
- Tabeel (76 Fifth Ave. between St. Marks Place and Warren Street)
- YMCA Armory (15th Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues)
The Civic Council has been organizing this drive for nearly two decades, and each year Park Slope’s generosity has outshone the last. The 2011 program resulted in a record-breaking 1,600 toys, far more than any year past. Our goal for this year’s drive is to match or even exceed that total, spreading more joy and community spirit.
Toys will also be collected at this year’s Jingle Bell Jamboree, at Congregation Beth Elohim (Eighth Avenue at Garfield Place) on Sunday, Dec. 16, 5 p.m.