FOFA’s mission statement is:
Use local knowledge to preserve, promote, and improve the welfare and safety of our diverse Fourth Avenue community between Flatbush Avenue and the Prospect Expressway.
- Create a safe, multiuse, clean and green streetscape for all Fourth Avenue users.
- Enhance aesthetics and strengthen the connection to place and street-level activity of buildings on Fourth Avenue.
- Preserve affordable housing and advocate for a greater diversity of housing options on or near Fourth Avenue.
- Promote greater economic benefits for existing retail and commercial businesses and encourage development of new retail and commercial businesses on Fourth Avenue.
- Provide an active forum and voice for people who live, work, and make use of Fourth Avenue in order to identify and address community concerns.
- Create opportunities to learn more about who lives and works on Fourth Avenue and what their concerns are.
- Develop alliances among and between individuals, groups, and commercial interests on Fourth Avenue in order to work toward common interests.
- Represent the interests of our section of the avenue in larger discussions about Fourth Avenue improvements.