Working Together for a Better Fourth Avenue
We’re very much focussed as a Committee at this point on getting the MTA to do MORE than their very important (if very delayed) effort to make the 4th Ave./9th Street Station at the edge of Park Slope “safe and sound!”
We believe it should also be attractive, well-lit and have a number of amenities now missing!
To that end, we’re working hard to make November 21st a day where volunteers demonstrate some of what we know is possible – and desirable. Click here for details.
Forth on Fourth Avenue arose from the Civic Council’s 2010 public forum on the thoroughfare’s future and a walking tour eight months later. A full-fledged Civic Council committee as of February 2012, FOFA provides an active forum and voice for people who live, work, and make use of the stretch of Fourth Avenue between Flatbush and the Prospect Expressway. Our goal is to help a safe, multiuse, clean and green streetscape for the diverse users of Fourth Avenue. (Read our full mission statement here!)
- Working with community partners to make Vision Zero a reality on Fourth Avenue.
- Developing ways to recognize Fourth Avenue’s commercial establishments that are “good neighbors” – i.e., sponsoring clean-ups, “adopting” or planting a tree, using window boxes, etc.
- Sponsoring quarterly public forums on topics of interest to people who work, live and travel on or near Fourth Avenue.
- Bringing PSCC Civic Sweeps to Fourth Avenue.
- Fostering planting and maintenance of new trees and tree beds on Fourth Avenue.
Meetings take place the second Tuesday of every month, 7:45 a.m., at the Fifth Avenue Committee office, 621 Degraw St. near Fourth Avenue.
For more information, contact email@example.com.